For this specific role, I am looking for the following qualities:
- Strong incident handling skills. I want this person to be able to speak authoritatively and confidently when dealing with internal business partners. (This is not a job supporting external customers.) If you are a great RE but are not comfortable doing generic incident handling, please do not apply.
- Intermediate-to-advanced reverse engineering and malware analysis skills. I am looking for someone who can tear apart malicious code that we encounter, determine how it works, and what we can do to resist and detect it.
- Intermediate coding skills. The ability to meet short-term operational tool development needs to support incident detection and response is a huge plus.
- Introductory-to-intermediate assessment skills. This would be a secondary task, but any assessment work you've done would be helpful.
- Willing to work in Cincinnati. GE has major NOC/SOC/data center infrastructure in Cincinnati, and I need to locate this subject matter expert in that city. In the event I find the perfect person who cannot work in Cincinnati, we can discuss alternative arrangements.
This is a demanding yet exciting role, and I figured multiple people who read this blog might be interested. If you are a serious candidate and have questions, please email taosecurity at gmail dot com. Thank you.